Code of Ethics
CCNI Code of Ethics
As a Christian coach, I pledge to:
1. Hold myself accountable to the highest level of integrity, honoring Jesus Christ individually and corporately, in all my associations with clients, sponsors, and other coaches.
2. Maintain strict levels of confidentiality with all parties, including sponsors, staff, and support personnel. I comply with all applicable laws that pertain to using, storing, and disposing of client-related personal data and communications.
a. I refrain from sharing client names and client information with anyone without expressed permission from the client.
b. I discuss with all parties the conditions under which confidentiality might be breached (e.g., illegal activity, harm to others, suicidal intent, etc.).
3. Be aware of the distinctions between coaching, mentoring, consulting, pastoral counseling, discipleship, psychotherapy, and other support professions.
a. I refer the client to another professional as needed. I know when this is needed and how to connect the client to available resources.
b. I separate coaching from multiple roles. For example, where the coach is also a pastor or counselor, the coach provides a clear distinction between such services and avoids mixing roles in the same conversation unless agreed upon in advance.
4. Provide clarity with my clients about the nature of the coaching relationship, expectations, fees, payment terms, refunds, etc. Such agreements (a.k.a. contracts) should be in writing unless culturally inappropriate. All parties involved in the coaching relationship should be able to exit at any time for any reason.
5. Openly disclose one’s Judeo-Christian worldview as described in the CCNI Statement of Faith.
6. I am transparent about personal beliefs, yet not impose my values and standards on the client nor use the coaching relationship to proselytize.
7. I am aware of situations that are in direct conflict with their Christian values and ethical standards.
8. Avoid discrimination by maintaining fairness and partnership in all activities and operations, while respecting local rules, cultural practices, and biblically-based systemic equality.
9. Give credit where credit is due for materials supplied by other sources, respecting copyrights, trademarks, and intellectual property. I understand that a violation of this might subject me to legal remedy by a third party.
10. Judiciously avoid conflicts of interest. If any should arise, I shall, without delay, inform concerned parties of my position and/or remove myself from the relationship. The Christian coach should not have any inappropriate emotional, physical, or sexual activity with the client.
11. Represent myself honestly and clearly to my clients, and coach within my areas of recognized expertise.
12. Actively pursue well-being, wholeness, and continual learning in my own life in all aspects of body, soul, and spirit.
13. Honor my Christian values in my professional conduct, placing neither blame nor blemish on the name of Christ, the Christian Coaches Network International or the coaching profession.
Empower Your Christian Coaching Journey Today!
With The Support Of CCNI – All Of Your Coaching Aspirations Will Happen.
Register for Events – Connect, Learn, and Grow with CCNI!
Explore Insights – Dive into the Wisdom of Christian Coaching.